Thursday, October 2, 2008

Finding an underwear supplier

Last post I had no supplier and didn't know where to find one!!

I searched all of the websites for suppliers but no-one was making 100% cotton underwear.

So, I decided that the only way was to put an add on Alibaba - the site I felt was most user friendly!! I put my ad up for 100% cotton underwear!!

I had about 60 responses in 4 days!! Then another 60 in the next 3 weeks! How do I choose a supplier? Next big question!! I then deleted all of the ones that I felt could not make cotton underwear!! Guess what? I had none left! No-one was making 100% cotton underwear!!

However... I had a few people contact me through Trade Manager on Alibaba. They assured me that they could supply what I wanted. They asked the questions and I got what I wanted.

I met 2 great people. One was China Shine and he was an agent. He would find a manufacturer to make the underwear I wanted. He has been fantastic to me. He speaks to me everyday. If I am online he always says hello. Just as if we were walking down the street, he would not pass without saying hello!! He has a wicked sense of humour and teases me about evrything! Mind you, I give as good as I get!! We have become good friends online and I am looking forward to going to Guangzhou to meet him. Maybe next year for the Canton Fair.

I also met Cathy. Also a great girl who works for CHK Clothing. She worked so hard for me and then really extended herself at a later date to help me. I will be forever grateful to her and I love the friendship I have with her as well. Someone else I want to meet! So my trip to China will include Shenzhen as well.

I have also met people who supply Target, Best and Less and Rivers. I am always surprised at how helpful the Chinese people are. When I have any problems , there are several that I can ask for help. They are always so willing to help. I believe it is why their country is doing the trade they are doing.

So I began negotiations with 2 manufacturers. I thought that this time I would have 2 so I wouldn't be left without a manufacturer again. I now have contacts with several manufacturers, so I will always have a supplier.

The negotiations begin....

No comments: