Sunday, September 28, 2008

Where can I get cotton underwear?

I have interrupted my story with a news flash for the last 2 days. I am not sure how you can get these products from me yet but will include it in a later post!! (More homework for me!!)

My biggest quest was to find cotton underwear to sell. My searches in Australia all came to deadends. So I was forced to look out of Australia. Most clothing manufacturers get their products from Asia, so this became a logical place for me to start.

At the time, I was getting a list of websites from a weekly newsletter (for teaching). Then one of these mentioned a company in Asia that could be an agent to find products in China. I put in a query and found a lovely Chinese girl called Vanessa who could help me. I spent about 3 months negotiating with her about getting underwear I wanted.

Then....I found that the goods would not be coming...the manufacturer could not make the samples for me. At the same time Vanessa left the company, so now I had no contact in China!!!

This at the time was pretty bad!! My dream was going down the tube!!

But, it was a great place to be!! This gave me the opportunity to stand back and check what was happening!!! It became my life changing moment!!

I had 2 choices!! Will I continue to follow my dream or will I abandon it???

It was an easy decision for me!! I decided I really wanted to start a business selling cotton underwear.

I had to follow my dream!! Or regret it forever!!

This really was my chance to do what I had always wanted. I had taken a step back but it did allow me to form a very special relationship.

More about that tomorrow!!

No comments: